Budgeting is truly the turf of most mothers. Aside from the traditional role imposed on mothers as the one who budgets the family finances, mothers have the instincts and foresights on what might happen in the future.
But how do moms really stretch the budget? She neither uses complicated formulas nor magic tricks but simple ingenuity and common sense. Peek in through moms’ secrets in budgeting and learn. Role modeling is a good way to encourage attitude, especially towards money.
1. She clearly knows where all the money goes. Usually it goes to child care apart from the housing, health insurance, food and clothing. It is unlikely for her to cut cost on her children.
2. She studies all options given to her in terms of child care. Before she decides, she examines all aspects like safety, health and education.
3. To understand more, she talks to local child-care specialists and works out schedules with her employer for bonding time with kids.
4. For working moms, it is double the effort. They take care of the house and the children and at the same time work. She incorporates practical ways to accomplish both roles.
• Wearing professional clothes than trendy ones.
• Stays elegant but simple through a combination of basic colors.
• Dry cleaning costs a hefty amount, so, she dons on wash-and-wear clothes.
• Tone down on accessories.
• She engages in a lot of do-it-yourself habits like in cleaning spots and ironing wrinkles in her personal wardrobes.
5. Moms always shop with a list in her hand to keep track of her budget and expenses. She makes sure she does not exceed. Also, she has no time for checking out tempting stuff at the shopping mall.
<< Effective Money Saving Tips
We are Family: Budget Tips for Today’s Familial Ties >>